Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Friday, March 20, 2009

March 19, 2009

Today being Tim's day off from church work, we took another trip to Pilot Mountain since the weather was to be pretty and get to near 70 degrees. The wind on the mountain was a little chilly. I was glad to have my jacket, but as soon as we started climbing, I got rid of it and the breeze felt pretty good, LOL! We took a picnic lunch. I don't like to eat and then do strenuous walking, so Tim ate a snack before we started our walk and then we ate when we were finished. That was at about 1:00. We had a great time! I really enjoy being able to take these day trips with him on his day off. We couldn't do that when I was working. Thank You, Lord!

I used Amanda Thorderson's "Eden" kit for today's page. The kit can be found HERE.

2 comments:

Elisabeth said...

is there camping at this place?

Vicky said...

No. Only some hiking and a picnic area.