Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, March 29, 2009

March 29, 2009

Well, I am finally up-to-date with my pages! Today has been a blessing in many ways. This area of Florida is in a 3-year drought and everyone has been praying for rain. Well, today they got some! Probably not as much as they need, but a nice, gentle, steady down pour this morning. The sun is out right now, but there are still clouds around, so maybe the Lord will bless them with some more rain today.

Another blessing was the good crowd that came out to church this morning. The Creation Seminar has been a blessing to all who have attended. Several were able to attend every service. It is a blessing to see God's people make learning the things of God their priority unless providentially hindered. Unfortunately, I think some of that providence is actually an excuse! But that will have to be a subject I talk about on my Days of Praise blog sometime.

This page was made using Maddy Fernandez' "Spring Rhapsody" kit found HERE. The background paper with the white "Showers of Blessing" repeated is my doing. That paper is also at 75% opacity.


No comments: