Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Beauty of Old Men

Bet that title intrigued you, didn't it?!  :D

Today we made a visit to our shut-in member of the church.  Over the last several months he has become increasingly more and more unsteady on his feet.  After all, he's ONLY almost 100 years old!  I pray I can get around as well when I become his age!  I'm believing more and more from the condition of the world that by that time the rapture will have taken place and those of us who are Christians will ALL be moving around VERY well and in perfect bodies!  It is hard for this finite mind to comprehend!  It is only by God's amazing Grace that I can even begin to believe it!

Anyway, I got sidetracked.  Since none of us know the exact number of days the LORD is going to allow us to live on earth, I wanted to take a few pictures of our visit today.  He has such a sharp mind, and is very interesting to listen to as he talks about some of the history of his family.  And my friend, Karabeth, will appreciate the fact that he has done some genealogical recording of his family history.  Not research to the extent that Karabeth has done, but more than most, including me!  And I really think that his age has a lot to do with all the information he has written down.  In other words, he is still alive to tell the story of his family!  He has found that his last name has not always been spelled the way it is today.  Depending on how it was pronounced is how it was spelled in years gone by.  My friend, Karabeth, has found this to be true in her own family research.

I blurred his face in this page because I did not ask for permission to post this page.  That is why I have been very careful not to mention his name.  We will show these pictures during our New Years Eve service/fellowship and everyone will smile.  And SHOULD the LORD call him home before that time, the smile will be even broader as they think of him walking effortlessly on streets of pure gold!  And should I be the one the LORD calls home, I hope the smiles will be broad, too!  :D


I could have used a couple of verses with today's page, but I chose this one because the picture represents the strength of youth, not that I'm THAT young, and the beauty of the gray, (I'm talking about HIS), not to mention bald, head!  My blessing today is strength to still come and go and do as I please!  I used my WINTER WONDERS kit for the page, btw.

1 comment:

Kimberly Pitman said...

Hmm. I'd really like to talk to that man! Did I ever tell you that some of my family lines come through your part of the world? They sure enough do!

Thanks for the publicity. ;) And did you know that my favorite color is purple? (That was a really nice touch.) LOL!