Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Monday, January 3, 2011

Precious Gifts

As much as I hate to see the grandkids grow up so fast, it is such a joy to be able to have a conversation with them on the phone, with the exception of the youngest one, Sawyer.  Monday is the night I try to remember to call them.  When I talk to Kara, she paces back and forth on the floor.  And when I ask her a question like, "Did you have fun in the airport?" she will say, "Did I have fun in the airport?  Oh, yes! very much!"  And for whatever reason, she reminds me of Shirley Temple with that little Big girl sort of voice!  Hannah, when asked what she is doing, she says that she is playing a proceeds to tell me all about her (toy) baby cat that she had to take to the Dr. and how she had to take special care of her and how she got crazy at certain times.  I asked her if she went back to school today and her pretending continued as she told me about taking the cat to school.  I really only said a few things to her as she carried on the whole conversation!  It was too funny!  What an imagination she has!  I really think she might be a Doctor when she grows up because every time she plays, a doctor visit is involved!  And tonight Ryan was her pet dog, so he said, "Hi, mamaw" one time and barked and then said, "Do you want to talk to mommy now?"  My conversation with Michael was about school, which he really likes this year, even though his mommy might tell you his grades don't really prove he likes to study!  I asked him what his favorite class was, to which he replied, "Science!"  Who knows!  He might be the next Einstein!  My blessing for the day:  having 5 precious gifts (almost 6) that are called GRANDchildren!

Here's my page for today using my Precious Gifts Addon:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is SO precious!!! I loved hearing about the conversations! And I can totally see how Kara reminds you of Shirley Temple!

jessicaday said...

I LOVE that you call them now - what an awesome idea!! Kara loves it too. I asked her what you guys talked about and she said, "Oh, you know, lots of stuff." :-) Love you!

Vicky said...

LOL, Jessica! That's exactly what she said when I asked her what she got for Christmas, and then she told me about her new elephant that she sleeps with and her new scarf set.