Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Tried by Fire

Tim and I watched a really good Christian movie, "Fireproof."  I highly recommend it!  There will always be times in your marriage where you disagree with your spouse, but it doesn't have to lead to divorce!  I'll never forget the time that our family was all in the car after school one afternoon.  Tim and I disagreed about something, not really thinking about what affect it would have on the kids, even though it was, I'm sure, a petty thing.  Nathanael, who was maybe 6 asked, "Does this mean you are going to get a divorce?"  I was shocked!  We explained that just because we disagree doesn't mean that we don't still love each other.  But that taught me a lesson to watch my words and try to watch the tone of my voice.  I'm the one whose voice usually escalates while Tim is very calm.  WHEW!  I hope the kids saw very few incidents like that!

I used my new kit, "Love, the Greatest of These."

No comments: