Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Filthy Rags

Saturday is laundry day.  You would think with only 2 people that I could get it done in no time!  But, it generally takes me all day, especially if I am trying to multi task, which is ALWAYS the case!  Working on the computer, cleaning, getting SS lessons finished...............

Today's laundry duty turned my thoughts to filthy rags.  Tim uses an illustration of taking a bunch of dirty, filthy rags from where the oil has been changed on a car and offering those to God in exchange for admittance into heaven.  While my laundry (usually) is never that dirty, I still don't think God would take it in exchange for admittance into heaven.  As a matter-of-fact, I KNOW He wouldn't!  The Bible is plain when it says Jesus is the only way in!

I pray that those who read this post will understand that you can't be good enough to get into heaven!  And you can't do enough good things to get in, either!  "Ye MUST be born again!"  That means that you have come to realize that you are a sinner; that's the bad news.  But the Good News is that Jesus died for sinners!  And, if you will believe that He died for your sins, and ask Him to forgive you, and put your faith and trust in what He did on the cross to save you, then you will be saved!  If you have any questions, please feel free to leave me a comment.

Today's page is made using my A Fresh Start kit.


1 comment:

jessicaday said...

Amen! I'm so glad I don't have to wait until I'm good enough first - because it'll never happen!