Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Friday, January 7, 2011

Cloudless Days

Today's verse in my page is the weekly verse for the Providence 365 project that I am participating in at Faith Sisters this year.  Since the week started kinda off, due to the holiday, I decided I would use the verse every 7th day.  Today was cloudy and the wind was blowing and it was pretty chilly even though it was supposed to be in the 40s.  Don't know if it made it that high or not with the cloud cover.  But, the cloud cover was perfect for my picture for today!  And the more I thought about the inheritance each of us have received as God's children, I thought about the cloudless days that we will enjoy in heaven!  And the inspiration went even further and this little poem was worked up from my inspired brain!  :D

I used my "Morning Has Broken" kit for this page.  The scripture verse word art is by Precepts and Promises at Faith Sisters, who gave us the verse for this week.

No comments: