Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Take No Thought

This is the first year since moving to NC that I've put up the bird feeders.  I always enjoy watching the birds eating at them!  While putting them up today I thought of the verses in Matthew, but opted to use the one in Luke because they were just a tad shorter for my page. 

I remember a time when Michael was a baby and we lived in Hebron, KY on River Road near the town of Taylorsport, that I was down to my last 2 jars of baby food.  Both jars were green beans.  I fed one jar to Michael but he was still hungry, as you can imagine since strained green beans are practically nothing but green water, so I fed him the other jar.  When he realized it was more green beans, he didn't want them.  But I kept feeding them to him til the jar was empty.  The next thing I knew, Michael was throwing those strained green beans up all over me!  I had pushed his button that caused him to throw up very easily.  And when I talk about Michael throwing up, it was not just a little spit up.............it was a gushing fountain!  And the stream would go far and wide!  The term I want to use has escaped me, but he threw up like that his whole childhood!  One time when he was sick he was standing at the top of the stairs and I ran down the stairs to grab a trash can for him, but as I hit the landing, so did Michael's vomit.........all over the back of me........projectile vomiting is the term I was thinking of!  We lived in Addyston, OH at the time, and this was an old house with a very steep staircase, probably 15 ft from one floor to the next as the ceilings were 12 foot ceilings!  Anyway, what a mess that particular event made!  All I can say is that I hope it has gotten better for him as an adult!

My blessing for the day:  The LORD has more than abundantly supplied all our needs, especially in the food area!

I used my Winter Wonders kit for this page.

4 comments:

jessicaday said...

Projectile, yeah, it hasn't gotten much better. Whenever he's sick I can hear him on the other side of the house yelling while he is sick - it sounds violent in there. Poor guy.

Lisa said...

Yuck. Luckily Dan doesn't get sick much (vomit wise), but it doesn't bother me. However, if I happen to be sick, he's nowhere to be found. It makes him sick to think about other people being sick so he's as far away as possible:) You're lucky you had such a strong stomach with a projectile vomitter in the house

kimeric kreations said...

ah, Vicky. I hear ya! Anna was a projectile vomitter from the get go, and I had never before experienced it. I remember calling old Doc Freeman (he had been MY pediatrician, too) nearly screaming at the poor man as he laughed at me. Green beans aren't as bad as strained beets. oh...the memories of red stained everything...... :)

Elisabeth said...

I don't know if Brad was a projectile vomitter when he was young but I know he sounds like he's dying! It is loud, he bangs on the floor and is just plain pitiful! Luckily, I can only think of 1 time I experienced that in our 8 yrs of marriage and I was so scared. I really thought he was dying or something.