Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Forgiven

Every week Tim gives me what he wants on the church sign.  I usually change it on Monday, unless Tuesday's forecast is warmer than Monday, LOL!  Not so much this week!  Like most of the south eastern portion of the US, the forecast was snow and more snow!  And for us, ice on top of the snow!  Not good!  So, I braved the cold and with my rubber gloves and letters I went to work! 

Today when I got up, the first thing I did was to check to see how much of that white stuff we had gotten over night!  I opened the front door to take a picture and as the church sign came into view with the snow all around, the first thing that popped into my mind was the passage of scripture in Isaiah that talks about our sins being as scarlet but that God can make them white as snow when He forgives our sin as we put our faith and trust in His Son, Jesus Christ!  My blessing today.............I'M FORGIVEN!!!  I pray that you are, too!

I used my "Winter Wonders" kit for this page.  Tim snapped the first picture while I was working on the sign yesterday.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the sign! Think I'll tell Teresa about it. She does our sign now.

jessicaday said...

Praise God for His forgiveness!! I don't deserve it a single bit, but he offers it willingly. It's a big part of what helps me understand just how immensely He loves us. :-)

Kimberly Pitman said...

I like the sign and I love the redemption that it tells about!

I also like the winter paper and will be buying your kit because my layout for this week will be about the good that came here in spite of the snow.