Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Monday, January 10, 2011

Merchants' Ships

Did some grocery shopping for this coming weekend with the kids coming.  We spend ALOT of time at Walmart, but it's not because I have to buy fresh meat and dairy products each day..........thank the LORD!  I sure am thankful for my refrigerators!  But, if you didn't know any differently, like the Jews in Bible times, then it wouldn't bother you, would it?!  BUT, I'm still thankful for my MODERN refrigeration!!!

I used my new kit I'm still working on to create this page today.  I wanted to see what it was looking like!  :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too am SO thankful for my refrigerator AND my deep freeze which is keeping our 1/2 cow that we bought. So cool having a freezer full of meat and can just go pull it out to thaw!!

Kimberly Pitman said...

I'm very thankful for refrigeration! We had to stop at the store the other day when I had that bad headache because we needed just a couple of items. Whoa! Do the stores get as crowded there as here? You'd think Cincinnatians wouldn't panic quite so much and would be used to this weather by now!

We've got quite a bit of snow on the ground and it's still coming down. What can I say? I think it's gorgeous. Of course, so far I've been able to stay inside recovering from the illness. :)