Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Our Warfare

Tim and I did something different than our usual thrift stores this week.  We went 2 hours south of us to the Special Ops Museum in Fayetteville, NC.  Very interesting!  I got lots of good pictures, but something about this figure's eyes caught my attention!  I imagined all kinds of thoughts that could possibly have been going through someone's mind in the midst of a war and watching for the enemy on every side.  I could ONLY imagine!  Thank God for brave men and women who fight for our freedom!

The second picture............I was caught off guard when I rounded the corner and saw this "guy" hiding behind the wall with the gun aimed right at me!  WHEW!  My heart skipped a few beats!

We actually did find a not-so-good Goodwill today while in Fayetteville!  Also stopped at a "thrift" store but after we got in there, it was mostly new or slightly used furniture and no-so-thrifty prices!


No comments: