Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Friday, January 21, 2011

Earth and Seas

I finally saw the Cardinal at the bird feeder that Michael told Tim he saw last weekend!  BEAUTIFUL is the only word to describe them!  I barely got a picture because he was sitting on the back side of the bird feeder away from the house and I was just able to catch this picture as the wind turned the feeder.  Today I cleaned the fish tank and as I was stirring up the debris some baby fish swam up out of the muck and mire.  I found 4, but one was barely alive and finally died.  The other momma fish looks like she could have babies any day.  I had planned on putting the older babies into the tank with the rest anyway today, but even more so since I had more babies!  It is hard to believe how much the older babies grew this past week!

I used my portion of a charity kit, Jesus Loves the Little Children.  I really like the bg paper!  Fits very well with today's pictures of the fish, too!

1 comment:

Kimberly Pitman said...

I've never had much success with fish and finally just stopped buying them. It seemed so cruel, like condemning them to a death sentence!

Birds is another story. I like taking care of the birds (the outside ones, that is). Beautiful picture of the cardinal!