Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Friday, February 12, 2016

Bookin' It!

Our thrift store round today took us to High Point.  Several Goodwills and other thrifts for about 6 stops.  About half way through, we stopped for lunch at Carter Brothers BBQ.  We also made a pit stop for gas because it is lots cheaper over there compared to us.  I think Walmart is $1.68 here.  But, today we paid $1.51 in High Point!  Go figure!  I don't get it!  High Point is only 20 minutes from here!  What is up with that?  Anyway, here's my pictures for the day!

20 titles, 19 books.  The thick one on the left near the top is 2-in-1.  I got most of these in one place!


Our daily photo, taken at Carter Brothers BBQ at lunch.
So, I haven't given an update on Tim lately, but if you look at this picture, you can see the lump by his left eye has started growing again.  The current treatment, if you recall, is the same treatment he was on a year ago that did absolutely nothing to kill the melanoma, but allowed the melanoma to spread like wild fire.  But the doctor thought it might work since Tim had some radiation.  Well, some of the larger spots that had gone away with treatment meds 6 & 7, are starting to come back.  The doctor says that sometimes they do that at first.  We shall see.  But I have my doubts!

My daffodils look like they are going to bloom a lot sooner than they should!  The warmer weather we had in January sure fooled all the flowers!  I hope they don't end up dying!

It was such a beautiful day today, but the sun sure does fool you.  It was really cold and a bit windy!

The lilies are coming through the ground, too!  I think the cold has turned some of the new growth.  I hope they snap out of it once it is relatively warm to stay!

This is the way I like to eat chili.  Dip a peanut butter sandwich into the juices. When that is gone, then I add saltines.  YUM!  Good chili!  I got it a tad spicier this time.  Even after adding another jar of tomatoes, it was still a bit spicy!  I was OK with it, but Tim doesn't like his foods too spicy!

A PAC (Pocket Art Card)  for February for Documented Life.

back of the PAC
Nite!

No comments: