Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Friday, February 12, 2016

The Blood

Today seemed like a long day for some reason.

We went to the hospital to sit with the family of a lady at church who had a lumpectomy to remove cancer.  While there, Tim's chest wound that has been open for a year began to bleed profusely.  We ended up having to leave right after Tim had prayer with her and then had prayer with her family in the waiting room.

As soon as we got home, I double-bandaged him.  I asked him why it was bleeding so badly all of a sudden.  He said that after his shower this morning a piece of the dead tissue had come loose in the shower and when he took a tissue to dab the blood off, the piece stuck to the tissue and pulled off.  We had to change it again in the afternoon and then I put fresh bandages on for bed time.  I sure hope it eases up eventually.  More of the dead tissue looks like it could come off any time.  I wish the doctor would just cut it off and be done with it!

our daily photo taken at the hospital in he waiting room.

Another tag I made for the His Kingdom Come group.

Oatmeal raisin cookies and milk.....YUM!

That's it for me!  Time to do some more reading!  Nite!

2 comments:

jeday0323 said...

Oh, I sure hope that radiation is working well and that's why he had all that trouble with the dead tissue.

Vicky said...

Meeeeee, tooooooo! :D