Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Friday, February 5, 2016

Warped

Remember the badly burned roast picture I showed you a couple of days ago?  Well, here is what the bottom of the pan looks like now.  There are at least 3 "bubbled" up places and the copper finish was just about destroyed!  It makes me sad because I have had these pans since we moved to WV in 1997.  I bought them at Walmart and absolutely LOVE them!  I loved them so much that I bought all of the kids a set when they got married!  I could do that when I was working full time!  Not so much now, however!  :D  So I'm glad I did it when I could!  Anyway, these pans are the greatest to clean up, even burned on food.  I am hoping this biggest pot still cooks OK.  We shall see!


I couldn't decide what to fix for dinner tonight.  So I suggested just plain old spaghetti.  Tim remembered some frozen, breaded chicken patties and suggested chicken Parmesan.  Only, he doesn't like Parmesan cheese, so he used the mexican blend shredded cheese that I buy at Aldi.  Add some garlic bread and it was a delicious meal!

our daily photo

YUM!

Ummm....I think this Parmesan is too old!  I did use some of the un-molded for my dinner and then threw the rest away.  I'll have to remember to freeze it the next time!  :D  Cheese, anyone?  :D
We made a visit today to a woman who used to go to our church many years ago.  She is related to one of our members.  She has bad COPD and was talking with the former pastor's wife, Mrs. Parks, and told her that she needed a pastoral visit.  She goes to a church that is without a pastor at the moment and she has been too sick to get out and go to church, anyway.  She was questioning her salvation, so Tim went over the plan of salvation with her on our first visit and then she made a profession of faith.  Tim offered to come and visit with her every couple of weeks since she was without a pastor.  She talks our ears off when we are there!  That's a good thing because it is hard to make conversation with someone when you don't really know them!  Please pray that she will get well enough to be able to start going back to church.  We enjoy our visits with her.

It was pretty chilly here today, even though the sun shone brightly all day!  But at least we didn't have snow!  I will be so glad when Spring gets here!

Nite!

No comments: