Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, February 7, 2016

Smokin'

I made another pizza for our dinner tonight.  I don't know how to get the center of the crust crispy without the outside totally burning!  The outside gets nicely done!  The last time I made this I hadn't taken a picture before I added the cheese and some people couldn't tell what it was!  :D  With all the pepperoni, I think everyone can tell this time!  :D


Tim heard the sirens of the fire trucks and it sounded like they came into the church parking lot.  Upon inspection, he saw the field  of the neighbors on fire!  I ran in to get the camera and they already had the fire out by the time I got back.  It was a pretty big fire, too!  Tim asked the fire chief what the rules were about burning.  He was told that if you are burning a field like that you are supposed to get a permit.  The fire chief said normally they would have been lenient on the neighbor, but they could tell he had been burning several times.  So, he will probably end up with a fine.  I am thankful they worked quickly and got the fire out.  You see by the trees all around that it could have gotten nasty pretty quickly!

our daily photo

I had to re-make this pattern as Jessica wants me to make Araya a cute dress for St. Patrick's Day.  The pattern I have has a pinafore with a yoke in the front and back and the pinafore is very gathered.  She didn't want the gathers, so I took the yoke and pinned it to the dress to make it into one piece.  So this is essentially an A-line dress with ruffles on it.  I didn't have enough material for sleeves, so I am going to add bias binding to the sleeves and neck.  I made this as a sample so Jessica could try it on to see if it fits before I try to sew the real dress.  This is more material I got from the neighbor.

Have a blessed Lord's Day!

2 comments:

jeday0323 said...

I cook the crust in the oven, then add toppings and bake again. That's the only way I get the crust to cook all the way through!

Vicky said...

Yeah, I think I'm going to have to do that. The crust cooks, it is just soft, which we don't like!