Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Monday, February 15, 2016

Is it Spring yet?

Man alive!  I am tired of these COLD temperatures!  Wouldn't it be nice to live somewhere that has temperatures around 70 degrees ALL year long?  Is there even such a place?  I don't know!  Oh well!  At least we don't live up north!  Thank You, Lord!

OK, now that I got that out of the way, I'll update you on what we've been up to since Friday.

Saturday, February 13th

Laundry, cleaning bathrooms, dusting the man cave in the morning.  Since we were supposed to possibly be getting some bad weather later on in the weekend, I decided to go for some major groceries at Aldi's and a few things at Walmart.  That took a couple of hours.
from this......
to this

from this......
to this

 I usually do not let the canned goods get down as low as I did this time, but I was trying to be sure I was using old stock to replenish with fresher, newer stock.  I also loaded up on meats and a few fresh veggies and a few other things.

Got the groceries put away and then I had to finish my laundry that I started when I got up.  I threw a load into the dryer and another into the washer.  While that was working, I went to the church to do the cleaning.  Came back just in time to hang up the dryer load and start another load in the washer.

We don't buy anything for each other for Valentine's Day.  We would rather go out to dinner.  We were going to try out someplace different.  Tim googled "best restaurants in Winston Salem" and settled on The Tavern of Old Salem, up Main Street about 10 minutes away.  "Built in 1816 as an annex to the historic 1784 Tavern in Salem, NC.  This family operated restaurant features dishes inspired by the Moravian families living in Salem in the 19th century.  We serve locally farmed food, craft and draft beers, wine, and mixed drinks in an upscale casual environment.  Waitstaff wearing historic Moravian attire serve during the day. Dine by candlelight in small intimate dining rooms for a romantic and memorable evening."
The Tavern of Old Salem

They don't open for dinner until 5:00, so we left the house around 4:30 to be sure and get there early.  However, after we waited for them to open the doors, we found out that all the tables had been reserved and unless we had reservations for the evening, we were not allowed in.  Bummer!  We ended up at P.F. Chang's.
Our daily photo.

We were not overly impressed.  For the price we paid, we did not get much food.  We both ordered chicken dinners, Tim the sweet and sour chicken and I got the almonds and cashews chicken.  There were hardly any vegetables at all.  And I wanted brown rice and Tim ordered white rice, but when the rice was brought to the table, it was all white.  They had run out of brown rice......really???

Sunday, February 14th

I got a nice card and a beautiful hair bow from my Secret Sister for Valentine's Day today.




We got word that the Preacher's Fellowship was canceled for tomorrow, and the kids were to be off for President's Day and wanted to spend the night.  So, I met Liz and picked them up.
Papaw and Ryan playing with the mini pool set we found at the thrift store.  (By the way, Elisabeth, Ryan left this jacket here.)

Our daily photo.....one beautiful couple!  :D  I love it that we don't plan to, but our outfits match quite often.
Monday, February 15th

First thing Ryan and Abby wanted to do this morning was to go outside.  By the time we got back from lunch, the parking lot was melted from the rain that started around lunch.

Abby all bundled up.  They didn't stay out long enough to even get their clothes wet.  There just wasn't enough snow for them to do much of anything.  I gave them each a tote lid to use as a sled, but there wasn't enough snow to even slide on.

Craft time!  They painted "bugs" from some plaster of paris items I made for VBS several years ago, using the bowls of a couple of different shaped plastic spoons.


A few of these were already painted (samples I made for the VBS), but they painted all but 4 that I had left!

Hannah wanted to make a butterfly out of hers.

Fortunately, we only got a dusting of snow.

Our regular trip to McDonald's over by the mall with a play area.

Being silly

Abby was kissing Ryan's leg, LOL!

And before you know it, it is time to take them back to their mom.

Weather was calling for freezing rain turning to rain over night.  As much as I hated to, since it was so cold out, I decided to get the sign done today instead of having to possibly do it in the rain tomorrow.  As soon as I walked out the door to work on the sign, it started sprinkling, but didn't last too long, thankfully!

Last but not least, our daily photo.
Here's a video of Ryan pushing Abby on the tote lid.

This was taken at McDonald's.  The sound sure echos in the play room!  :D


That's all folks!  Nite!

No comments: