Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, February 4, 2016

Catchup

So, I owe you a few days!  :D  Here goes..................... (read the captions under the photos)
Saturday, January 23rd

Frank McNew, our neighbor, was playing in the church parking lot, trying to break up the ice and snow.  I decided since there was no mud-slinging going on that I would take a "spin" with him.  He did a few donuts!  As you can see, I just have a sweatshirt on, meaning it wasn't too awfully cold out!

Only 2 1/2"?  I really think we got more snow than that, but the sleet and freezing just packed it down!  I had to break through the top layer of ice to push the ruler into the snow.
 
I decided today was a perfect day to make a cake from scratch.
 
Adding the eggs, milk and vanilla

Tim's request was a yellow cake over a chocolate cake!  OK, we'll go with his request, even though I was a bit disappointed!  :D

While the cake cooked, I made the icing!  Can't be bad if it has coconut in it!  :D

TA-DA!  On top of the coconut icing, more coconut was sprinkled on and pecans.  The proof was in the tasting, which was not bad at all!  :D

There was supposed to be a LOT of wind, but, fortunately, we only lost a few branches from the tree out by the road.

It sure is pretty to look at!

I'm always reminded of the verse in Isaiah 1:18 with the pretty, white snow..."Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool."

Tim told Calvin and Sharon to stay home that we would clean the church.  Caught in the action.

Definitely a pose!

Love this man!

Our daily picture as we headed to the house after cleaning the church.

Sunday, January 24th

Since Tim called off church services today, I told him to wake me up when he was ready and I would fix us a nice breakfast!  I decided to get our daily picture at that time, too!

Looks good enough to eat, huh?!  :D

We worked on the sidewalk a little, but the ice was still pretty stiff!  Then I caught our shadow and decided this would be our picture for the day, forgetting I already had the one from breakfast!  Silly me!  :D

Can you see the difference in this photo from the other "shadow" photo?

 
Not really knowing what to do with myself being home from church, I decided to work on my Documented Life 2016 book.

The sun shone brightly and the puddles began to take shape!


Ice melting and dripping off of the car port.

And THIS mess is why church was cancelled!

A piece of the made-from-scratch cake.

The front of my Pocket Art Card (PAC) made from a playing card for the Documented Life project.

The back of my PAC.

Monday, January 25th

Liz saw a canvas like this that I used for inspiration.

Since the kids has a snow day today, we met Liz and them for lunch at Applebees in Lexington.  This is my photo for the day.......

or this one.  :D

YAY!  The sidewalk is finally clear!

I tried to make a path for Tim, but the ice was still pretty thick in some places.  I worked hard enough that I broke the snow shovel that the neighbor let me borrow........

Not only did I bend the shovel, but I broke the wooden handle!  YIKES!  But, I was glad to be done shoveling!  :D

Tuesday, January 26th

Painted this after watching a video by The Art Sherpa on Youtube.  Tim gave me the verse to go with it.

Our photo for the day.  Making visits to Buford and Gary.

Rearranged our bedroom today to make more use of the bookshelves.

Moved the double dresser from in front of this book case to the side of the bed.  Brought in the blanket storage shelves from the laundry room to give more room in there.

Moved the bed over some to allow for mom's cedar chest to go by the bed so I would have a sort of night stand.

Wednesday, January 27th

Happy mail from Ali Edwards for scrapbooking.

This is what was in the happy mail.  I won a random drawing from Ali's 12 Days of Christmas she did and I will receive one of these packages every month for 6 months!  It is a value of $120!  Each month will have a different theme.

Our daily photo taken down in the man room after church.

Thursday, January 28th

I finished a little outfit for Araya from some material the neighbor brought to me.  I have no storage space, so decided to work it up into something.

Trying to get our daily photo in Goodwill, but the lights reflected too much in my glasses.

Looking through the bottom of my glasses.....I need new glasses!

This one is OK, but.......

This one is my favorite!  :D  Taken at Ruby Tuesdays.

Capturing the sunset on our way to dinner at Zoe's
Friday, January 29th

Front.......

.....and back of the week 4 project for Documented Life.

Our daily photo in front of the church doors, inside.

Daffodils are hardy and hung in there, even with the snow and ice!
Saturday, January 30th
Traveled to the cabin in Talcott, WV today.  Tim is preaching in the 5th Sunday Services tomorrow.  We enjoyed the snow in the mountains as we traveled.  We left extra early so we could do some thrifting on the way there.








The sky was a beautiful blue.

Rt. 20, the sun disappearing quickly!

Bluestone Lake??
 

 
Bluestone Dam at Hinton, WV.


Rt. 3 into Talcott.  Greenbrier River.
 
Crossing the bridge over the Greenbrier in Talcott as we make our way back to the cabin.  The Greenbrier is snow covered!

Sunset is close!

The lane back to the cabin looks pretty good just getting off the main road.
 

See the deer?  There were several up near the road when we came through.
 
We've never been to the cabin in the winter time.  Someone came and plowed the driveway just for us!

I got this old Bobbsey Twins book at the library and I am going to alter it into a Christmas photo album.

Love the inscription being in there, except I messed up and made it unreadable when I added paint to the page.


I brought some paints, etc. to work with since I knew there was no internet access or TV in the cabin.

Tim brought a book to read.


Our daily photo.
Sunday, January 31st

Took some pictures around the cabin before going to church.


New roof over the deck in the back of the cabin.



A beautiful LORD's day!
 
a picturesque farm scene
 
Other side of the bridge going into Talcott.  Snow-covered Greenbrier River.
 
Our daily picture in the church.

Monday, February 1st
So, after we left the 5th Sunday Services yesterday, we went to Buffalo, WV to go to church with them, except they had a 5th Sunday Service with lunch and an afternoon service, no evening service.  So, we just did some visiting.  We especially wanted to see Howard and Nancy Noffsinger, so they were our first stop.  Then Bethaline and Herman Jividen, Maxine and Lonnie Harmon, and finally Linda and Wayne Whittington.  We arrived home around 1:15 a.m.  I had a headache all the way home which made me sick to my stomach.  Went to bed with it and woke up with it.  It finally went away later in the day.

You will see that I enjoyed taking cloud pictures today.  Rain is expected sometime.



This week's church sign.








 

 
Someone is looking at you!  :D
 
Got the rain finally after dark.  It rained pretty good.
 
Our daily photo.
Tuesday, February 2nd


Our daily photo.  Made a Walmart run and a Subway run for lunch.

at Walmart

That time of the year for both cars.
 
A dress completed for Araya, with a headband.
Wednesday, February 3rd
Happy 56th birthday to my sister, Kim!
Didn't do much today but cut out some more patterns to sew.

I bought this pattern at the thrift store for $0.59.  It has never been used!  I've never seen such a BIG sheet of patterns!

I put on a pork roast and carrots this morning to let it cook all day for us to eat at dinner.  I usually make this in the crockpot, but forgot to take the meat out of the freezer.  Next thing I know, the smoke detector is going off and I realized I forgot to keep adding water since it was not in the crockpot as usual!

I was able to cut the burned area off of the pork and started over in a new pan, except that I had used all of my carrots in the first pan.  So the 2nd batch had no carrots.

I put the pan in the sink and filled it up with water.  Then I dumped about half a box of baking soda into the water and just let it sit all afternoon.  Surprisingly, the black all scraped off with the use of an SOS pad.  What a mess!

It rained here all day long!








Robins hanging out in the trees in the rain.

More robins.

The tree in the front of the house that the robins were hanging out in.

Love my little sewing area.
 
Tim came into the house and said, "Guess who is back?"  I had no idea who he could be talking about.  I said, "Who?"  He said, "Bill and Hillary!"  :D

I guess they didn't want me to take their picture!  They started honking very loudly and flew away!

Our daily photo taken at church tonight.

So, there ya have it!  Consider yourself caught up!  :D

No comments: