Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, February 7, 2016

Our Daily Photo

So, you may be asking, "Why is Vicky taking a daily photo of Tim and herself?"  Good question!  Thank you for asking and I will tell you why.

When I started this blog in ........ I don't even remember.....all those years ago, my reason for starting it was to have a place to post my daily digital scrapbooking layouts.  I did fairly well at keeping up, but the project got old for me.  I'm not one to stick with something for very long, so for me to stick with it as long as I did was amazing!

And, life happens, interests change (constantly!), life changes happen.....you know how it goes.  I get too many irons in the fire and can't keep up with all of them!  Sound familiar?

Well, at the beginning of the year, I decided I wanted to get back into taking more pictures on a daily basis.  And before I knew it, the thought occurred to me that I should take a photo of Tim and I together every day, doing what we do every day.  Lots of days the photos are repeats.  I mean, let's face it.  When you do almost the same thing day after day after day, there are only so many different pictures you can get.

That brings me to today's photo.  I was getting our lunch ready when I thought about taking a photo of us praying before our meal.  That is something we do all the time, but I had not captured the event yet!  So, I set up the camera and went about finishing lunch.  When it was time to eat, Tim began the prayer and my mind wandered to the camera!  Rats!  I should have turned the timer on while we began the prayer.  So, after Tim finished praying, I told him to bow his head again that I wanted to get a picture of us praying.  The first picture I got was of him laughing!  Not good!  So, yes, this is a very canned picture, but, it represents a just-missed event!  :D

By the way, we had a yummy meal of Chicken and Rice, which cooked in the oven while we were at church, and mixed vegetables!  :D  And, that is not a balding spot on Tim's head.....it is gray hair!  I like it!  :D


Have a great week!

2 comments:

A Soul's Heartbeat said...

Oh Vicky what a great idea. You'll look back on all these daily photos, repeats or not, and be very glad you took them!

Vicky said...

Thank you, Patti! I know I will not be sorry in the least!