Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, May 18, 2017

Day by Day

Day by day and with each passing moment,
Strength I find to meet my trials here;
Trusting in my Father's wise bestowment,
I've no cause for worry or for fear.
He whose heart is kind beyond all measure
Gives unto each day what He deems best--
Lovingly, its part of pain and pleasure,
Mingling toil with peace and rest.

Ev'ry day the Lord Himself is near me
With a special mercy for each hour;
All my cares He fain would bear, and cheer me,
He whose name is Counselor and Pow'r.
The protection of His child and treasure
Is a charge that on Himself He laid;
"As thy days, thy strength shall be in measure,"
This the pledge to me He made.

Help me then in every tribulation
So to trust Thy promises, O Lord,
That I lose not faith's sweet consolation
Offered me within Thy holy Word.
Help me, Lord, when toil and trouble meeting,
E'er to take, as from a father's hand,
One by one, the days, the moments fleeting,
Till I reach the promised land.


Baptist Hymnal, 1991


I was reminded of this song in an email I received today from a precious lady I have known since the early 80's.  I love how the Lord speaks to us in those unexpected ways.  I've been so sick since Tim came home from the hospital, yet the Lord Himself has been near.  Sometimes I don't see it when I've got my attention set on myself instead of Him!  Thank You, Father, for the reminder of Your true love!  It is a love that I will never understand and brings me to tears when I think how unworthy I am of it!

Well, last night at church Tim took his place on the platform.  I was not feeling great, but I wanted to show him my support, so I went.  I thought he did a wonderful job considering all of the hindrances he had to deal with.  He sat in a chair for the entire service.  But, the anticipation and the preparation for it was too much for him.  He should have waited a couple of more weeks for his strength to come back more.  And, the eyesight is a real problem.  I don't know how that double vision will ever, if ever, be rectified!  It totally messes with his balance and is a big distraction in his thought processes.  He could not wait to get back to the house so he could crash.  I hated it for him.  I don't know how long it will take for him to be back to himself, if ever.  We are waiting on the Lord.  He definitely is not going to try teaching again any time too soon!  Lord, please heal your servant!  And, Lord, thank You for the men in our church who are willing to stand in Tim's stead while he heals!  Bless them in a special way, our Father!  I pray in the name of our Savior!

Tim was glad to be on the platform, but he was very apprehensive, too.

One of those faithful men who has Tim's back!  We are so thankful for their love and support, especially through this trial.

No comments: