Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Monday, May 29, 2017

Gamma Knife

Today has been a lazy day for us.  After all of the activity with the kids and grandkids this weekend, we were ready to rest.  We slept in until 9.  Kim got her shower and began making a big pot of cream of broccoli soup.  Boy, is it good!

I also did some laundry today.  But, other than that, Tim took a good nap this afternoon while, between loads of laundry, Kim and I played Lexulous (Scrabble on-line).  We cat napped a little, too.

Tomorrow is the gamma knife procedure for Tim at the hospital.  We have to be there at 6:45 a.m.  It will take all day.  This is preventative radiation to keep the active melanoma from coming back.  But, ultimately, that is all in God's control.  I am praying that it does not irritate his motor center more to cause him more trouble in balance, sight and motor control.  Kim is planning to go and spend the day there with me, bless her heart!

It's almost time to retire so we can get up extra early.  I need to pack a bag for Tim's meds and take the iPad and laptops so we will have something to do during the down times of waiting.

Thank you for your continued prayer support!  We love you all, even those of you that we do not know personally.  Brothers and Sisters in Christ, that makes us family!

1 comment:

srbourn51@gmail.com said...

Yes, I have had Kim's broccoli soup and it is wonderful!