Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Still Praying for that Miracle

The miracle that will set Tim free of the cancer invading his entire body.  The doctors have always said that the melanoma under his skin will not kill him.  But when it reaches the major organs like the kidneys, lungs, or brain, then it becomes a whole new ball game.  We are playing that ball game.

The MRI that was done yesterday before the gamma knife procedure could be done revealed 3 new tumors.  The brain surgery that removed the walnut sized tumor was followed by an MRI.  That MRI showed no signs of melanoma, so that was the new base line MRI.  In 3 weeks, 3 new tumors had invaded Tim's brain.

The first gamma knife procedure he had last year took a matter of a few minutes.  So, when we were told it would take an hour and 40 minutes or so for this one, I immediately thought there must be more there than what they were expecting, which was confirmed with the revelation of the 3 new tumors.  One tumor was around the edge of the last surgery area.  Another was on the opposite side of his brain (left side) and one other one that I don't remember where it was.  Since they were radiating the surgery site, they also radiated the 3 new tumors.

Tim is scheduled for another MRI on July 12th.  I am already wondering how many more tumors there will develop in that 6 week period.

Tim told the church tonight after the services about this new development.  He said, "Your pastor is a man dying of brain cancer."  He did not resign, but it will not be too far in the future, probably, before he does.  However, the Lord could still perform a miracle and heal Tim totally of the cancer that plagues his body.  I know He is able to do exceedingly above what we ask of Him.

The post-op appointment we had for next week with the neurosurgeon had been cancelled.  I asked him why it was cancelled.  He said since he had seen Tim yesterday, he didn't need to see him again.  I told him we were wanting to discuss getting a referral from him to the eye center so Tim's double vision could be worked on.  This afternoon the appointment was reinstated.  Thank You, Lord.

I'm disappointed with this neurosurgeon.  We never saw him once before the brain surgery.  We had lots of question to ask.  I never saw him once after surgery, either.  So my questions went unanswered.  But, I have to give him the benefit of a doubt.

Tim has said he is going to refuse any more brain surgeries or gamma knife procedures.  His oncologist told us about a chemo pill for brain cancers.  He told the doctor he would take it.  Tim tonight said he is not going to mess with it.

I know our days are all numbered.  But I think the Lord gave us medicine and doctors for times such as this.  Yes, He can overrule the treatments working.  But, he can also cure without using the doctors and medicines.  That is the miracle that I am still praying for.

1 comment:

Cleona Jean said...

praying that God will see fit to heal Tim.