Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Monday, May 29, 2017

Family Times

We are so thankful for our family!  God blessed us with wonderful children and grandchildren and in-law-children!!!  Thank You, Lord!

On Thursday, Tim and I went to our local thrift shops.  But, it was a waste of time because he really could not see well enough to enjoy it.  But at least we got out and did something different.  We also spent a little bit of time outside watching the birds.  Also, my sister arrived around 8:00 in the evening, having driven all the way from Palm Bay, Florida that day.

On Friday, Tim had his regular oncology visit, which includes blood work, cath care and talking with the doctor.  He may be starting a chemo pill for brain cancers in the future.

Also on Friday, our son, Michael and family arrived around 5:30.  They had stopped along the way to pick up our daughter, Elisabeth's oldest daughter, Hannah, so she could stay with her cousin, Kara, at the hotel.  We all went to Chili's for supper.  They headed to the hotel for the night around 9:15.

Also on Friday, our daughter, Jessica and family arrived around 10:00.  After the kids were in bed, we stayed up talking til about 11:30.

On Saturday, we hung out at the house until around 1:30 and then headed to our daughter, Elisabeth and family's house for a cook out.  It was delicious!! Then we sat around outside under a shade tree, while the kids played in the pool.  It was a beautiful afternoon, especially under the shade tree!  We had a family meeting to discuss the different prospects of what mine and Tim's future could look like.....if he heals enough after the brain surgery to return to the pastorate.......if he can't return to the pastorate and has to retire......etc.  If Tim has to retire, we really need to stay in North Carolina because of Medicaid and his doctors all being here.  We don't know the future, but we know Who knows and holds the future.  We are in Good hands, no matter what our future holds.  God has taken care of us all of these years and He will continue to do so no matter what He has in store for us in the future.  But, it was so wonderful to talk everything over with our adult children and to know that they are there for us in whatever capacity we may need them.

On Sunday, the meal was at our house after church.  Jessica fixed taco meat with all the trimmings.  It was delicious!!  I actually had 2 bowls of taco salad!  WOW!  Of course, we had to get the group photo, too, before we left the church.  We missed our oldest grandson, Michael, being there.  He is now a working teenager!  We also missed our youngest son, Nathanael and his daughter, Adalina.  Nathanael told me he might be able to come for a visit sometime in June.  That will be nice!

Here are the pictures from the weekend:

Thursday, May 25th.

Bluebird

Cardinal

Cowbird

Female Cowbird
Friday, May 26th.
Jessica, Michael and Tim

My sister, Kim.

My lovely daughter-in-law, Jessica.
Saturday, May 27th.
Abby and Thad

Ryan doing a flip on the trampoline.

Hannah


Ryan

Chance

Brad, the master chef!

Terry changed the oil on our car.

Waiting for food!

Pool time






It was a beautiful day.....especially under the shade tree!

Sally dog.

Hannah in deep thought.

Relaxing under the shade tree.

My wonderful husband!

My sister, Kim and I.

Araya pushing a doll baby.




Sunday, May 28th.
The group photo after church.

And to think this beautiful family began with two people who have loved one another now for 46 years.  Thank You, Lord, for bringing this man into my life!!
The family have gone their separate ways, but the memories will last a life time!  Thank You, Lord, for Your blessings on me!  On us!

No comments: