Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Our Amazing Blessings

Brain surgery on Monday.  Home on Wednesday!  Tim's sister said, "It takes longer than that when you are having a baby!"  Amazing!

Brain surgery and no pain!  Amazing!

Headache so bad it caused nothing but nausea.  Now, not a sign of a headache.  Amazing!

Just a few of the Amazing Blessings from God!  How can we not be grateful?!  When I think of how sick Tim was just a week ago, it is NOT hard to praise and give thanks to the Lord!  Not to mention that we are commanded to give thanks......."In everything give thanks:  for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." 1 Thessalonians 5:18  If I only expect good from God and complain about the bad, that says a lot about my "love" for Him.....sorely lacking!  We are to love God because He first loved us (1 John 4:19) and gave himself for us (Titus 2:14), not love him because we think he is a magic jenny to give us our wishes all the time.

I could dwell on the negative aspects of Tim's health.  But, I am choosing to be positive and trust in the Lord with all my heart, and believe that He is going to perform a miracle of healing Tim's body.  I don't want to lean unto my own understanding, but in all my ways acknowledge Him so He can direct my paths!  I definitely need His direction in the trials!  Especially if the healing is not meant to be complete healing.  If not, I'll just keep trusting my Lord!

I just keep trusting my Lord as I walk along!
I just keep trusting my Lord and He gives a song!
Though the storm clouds darken the sky o'er the heavenly trail!
I just keep trusting my Lord, He will never fail!
He's a faithful friend, such a faithful friend.
I can count on Him to the very end.
Though the storm clouds darken the sky o'er the heavenly trail!
I just keep trusting my Lord, He will never fail!

Waiting on the wheelchair to make our exit, Matey!  ARGGGH
Continue to pray for complete healing!
Some of the people from our church came over after services to see their pastor.  Thank You, Lord, for these special people who we love dearly!  It was very strange looking over at the cars parked in the parking lot for the services and not be there with them!  This, too, shall pass!

1 comment:

Dale said...

LOVE THOSE SMILES !!!