Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, May 21, 2017

I Was Glad.....

Psalm 122:1 "I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the LORD."

Yes, today Tim and I went to Sunday school and the morning worship service!  It was REALLY, really good to be with God's people once again!  We have really missed being there!  We are looking forward to the passing of this season of our lives.  But, God has been faithful!

Our daughter came down from Carroll, OH to spend the weekend with us and help get us back on our feet somewhat!  It really was a blessing to have her here!  Thank you, Terry, for sharing your precious wife with us in our time of need!  I love you for that!

Tim met with the men after the morning service and requested 3 months recupe time.  They told him to take as long as he needed.  They have his back!  Praise God for these faithful men and women!  We have the greatest church on earth!  Thank You, Lord!

I sent a message to the doctor to hopefully get us a referral to the eye center ASAP so we can begin to get some work on Tim's double vision going.  That will help tremendously!

On Friday the nurse removed the stitches in Tim's head.  We don't see the doctor until June 9th.  Tim mentioned to her about feeling depressed and she said it really could more than likely be surgery fatigue more than depression.  But, tomorrow morning we have appointments to see our Primary Care Physician to discuss depression.  Our other daughter is going to drive up and go with us to that appointment.  Baby steps to improving our situation.  Lord, help us!

Eventually Tim will be having preventative radiation treatment on the spot where the tumor was removed in his brain.  It was not just a bleed, or scar tissue.  It was active melanoma that was removed, the size of a walnut.  Our Father knows!

All your anxieties

Is there a heart o’er bound by sorrow?
Is there a life weighed down by care?
Come to the cross, each burden bearing;
All your anxiety—leave it there.

Refrain:
All your anxiety, all your care,
Bring to the mercy seat, leave it there,
Never a burden He cannot bear,
Never a friend like Jesus!

No other friend so swift to help you,
No other friend so quick to hear,
No other place to leave your burden,
No other one to hear your prayer.


Come then at once; delay no longer!
Heed His entreaty kind and sweet,
You need not fear a disappointment;
You shall find peace at the mercy seat.

Help me, Father, to leave my burdens at Your mercy seat!  Thank You for our time of refreshing in Your house today!

2 comments:

Kimberly Pitman said...

I'm glad for both of you that Tim is going to take some recuperation time. Love you!

Vicky said...

Me, too! Love you!