Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Monday, August 10, 2009

August 1 - 10, 2009

OK, I decided instead of making 10 different posts, I would just catch up the month in one post! Each description of the page will be prior to the page. So, here goes!

(Saturday, August 1st) Having been sick all week (July 27-31st) and not sleeping well last night (July 31st) because my chest hurt, I was afraid I had pneumonia again. I was running a temp of 101 in the morning. I told Tim that I thought I should go to the dr. Not a good idea for a Saturday, but I called and the dr. "just happened" to be going into the office to meet someone else at 10 a.m. He told me to come on in and he would see what he could do for me. Of course, I no longer had a fever by the time I got there. But I was feeling pretty miserable! He took my blood pressure and said it was excellent! He listened to me breathe (take lots of deep breaths) and then prescribed some potent cough medicine and the 5 day Z-pack of antibiotics. I started feeling better almost immediately! I slept lots and slept well at night, too!

Credits: Karen Lewis Designz Cowboy Capers QP
Font: Arial

Today (Sunday, August 2nd) I went to church long enough to teach my SS class and then I came back to the house. I got lunch ready. After lunch, I went to bed and slept all afternoon. Woke up long enough to eat a bite and then headed back to the recliner. It was strange not going to church today. I felt I needed to stay away from people as much as possible, however. I'm sure they would be thinking, "Why didn't she stay home with that cough" if I had gone. I took this picture because it was at this time that I heard people still arriving for church, even though church starts at 6:00 p.m. I don't understand why people cannot make it to church on time! If they reported to work the same as they "report" to church (late) they would be fired! I'm glad the Lord doesn't take your salvation away! Anyway, even though I slept all afternoon and cat napped all evening, I still slept all night!

Credits: Michelle Pieters "Sweetest Joy"
Font: Arial
Today (Monday, August 3rd) Elisabeth, Hannah, Ryan and Michael arrived at the house sometime around 3:00 p.m. today. And Jessica and Kara arrived around 5:30. They are going to spend the entire week and the kids are going to attend our VBS. This is Michael holding up the first craft for the week for his age group. We had 18 kids, I believe! Great start!

Credits: Michelle Pieters "Sweetest Joy"
Font: Arial
Today (Tuesday, August 4th) we celebrated Kara and Hannah's birthdays. Kara turned 3 on July 11th and Hannah will turn 5 on the 17th of August. Liz found the cutest little tiaras for the girls to wear! After all, they are the princesses of the family! The tiaras lit up! Too cute!

Credits: Michelle Pieters "Sweetest Joy"
Font: Arial
Today (Wednesday, August 5th) we took the kids to the pool. Michael got water in his ears and Liz told him to stand on one foot, hop up and down with his head leaning side ways to make the water drain out! I don't know if it worked or not, but it was funny to watch him perform this "stunt." We left the pool alot earlier than the kids wanted to so they could take naps before going to VBS tonight!

Credits: Paula Yagisawa "Sandcastles in the Sun"
Font: Arial
Today (Thursday, August 6th) we just hung out at the house. It is Tim's day off, so he was around the house more than he has been the rest of the week. I caught he and Ryan sitting in the recliner together. Just spending some quiet time together.

Credits: Glenda Ketcham "Country Charm"
Font: Arial
Today (Friday, August 7th) we took the kids to Funigan's. They always have a blast there! And the parents can play right along beside the kids for free! Here is a picture of all of them. We stayed there for a couple of hours. The deal for today included play in the jungle gym and 15 tokens for the games for $5. After we left, we went to Chili's for lunch. Jessica treated! Thanks, Jessica!

Credits: Maddy Fernandez "Bugs M'Lady Page Kit"
Font: Arial
Today (Saturday, August 8th) everyone went home! What a quick week it was! We were so busy that I didn't get to spend much time cuddling and hugging the kids! So, Hannah climbed up in my lap for a few minutes while mommy packed the truck for the trip home. Liz and the kids left around 9:30. Jessica and Kara left about 10:50.

Credits: Maddy Fernandez, "Bugs M'Lady Page Set"
Font: Arial
Today (Sunday, August 9th) is an official, God-declared Day of Rest! So, I decided to take advantage of it! I propped my feet up on the desk and stretched the cord of the keyboard so that it would reach my lap. Only one problem, my legs started going to sleep in no time! So, this position didn't last very long! I still did work on my pages, however!

Credits: Sophia Davies "Nicola"
Font: Arial
Today (Monday, August 10th) I checked out the perennial flowers I planted from a seed packet earlier this spring. Found this lovely black eyed Susan! I love them!

Credits: Maddy Fernandez "Camp Fun"
Font: Arial

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love all the pages! I especially like the one of your feet propped up! lol You deserved a rest!