Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, August 23, 2009

August 23, 2009

I'm usually on the rat race schedule on Sundays and never think about getting a picture of DH and myself in our Sunday best dress. But, for whatever reason, I happened to think of it today. So, I grabbed him on one of his trips back and forth from the house to the church and asked him to take a second for a picture. He pacified me! :) When I started making this page he came into the room to see what I was doing on the computer and when he saw the picture he said, "You always manage to find something to do with those pictures, don't you?" My reply was, "I already have plans for every picture I take!" He chuckled! But, how true that is, especially since I am doing the 365 project! I am always on the lookout for ideas of things to scrap from our everyday life. It will be interesting to look back over the year and see where we've been and what we've been doing.

Today, we were invited to lunch by the lady that had been sick all week that I cleaned the church for. I was wondering if we should tell her no since she had been sick with the "D" and the "V" words! But, I figured if she was up to it, we might as well. She seems to think she might have had food poisoning. I know that stuff can make you feel like you are gonna die......or wish you could! So, you pray that nothing bad comes from our visit! The lunch was delicious! She made a chicken casserole that had cubed chicken mixed in mushroom soup and sour cream and had stuffing mix as the top crust. It was very good! I need to find the recipe because it would be a perfect casserole for a church dinner!

Credits:
Designer: Cindy Ritter
Kit: Garden Giggles
Store Links:
Enchanted Studio Scraps
Divine Digital
Fonts:
Brock Script - title
Bradley Hand - journaling
Brush Script - poem

2 comments:

Kimberly Pitman said...

I have that recipe! I actually made it this Sunday to feed my crowd. What a co-inkydink!

Here's how I make mine:

Bake 3 or 4 chicken breast (skinless, boneless type). Cube it when the meat cools enough or bake the chicken ahead of time. Use the juice from the pan (or a little water or broth) and stir in one can of cream of chicken soup (I guess you could use cream of mushroom, too, but I haven't tried it that way) and an 8 oz. carton of sour cream. Mix the sauce with the chicken.

Meanwhile, fix a box of chicken stovetop-type stuffing. When it is ready, place it by spoonfuls on top of the chicken mixture.

Top everything with 2 cups of shredded mild cheddar cheese.

Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. The finished casserole should be warm and the cheese should be melted.

Kimberly Pitman said...

P.S. I use a 9 x 13 pan for this. If I double the recipe I use my large lasagne pan.