Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, August 27, 2009

August 27, 2009

I chose our "destiny" for the day, LOL! We visited Reynolda Gardens which was started in the early 1900's by "THE" R.J. Reynolds that I am sure you have heard of! You can visit this link to read the history of the gardens and the village: Reynolda Gardens
It was not the best of days temperature-wise to be there, however! It was 92 degrees. We started in the greenhouse, which at this time of the year was not overflowing with plants. There were several succulents and orchids. The one with the flower shaped like a star caught my attention right away! I had never seen a flower like this before! We moved from the greenhouse into the gardens. It, too, I'm sure would have been much prettier earlier in the season. I'll have to remember this for another visit next year. We saw lots of the typical flowers you would expect to see. Lots of little butterflies and bees and bumble bees flying around minding their own business. There was even a bricked "pond" with tons of lily pads and beautiful flowers of purple and yellow and cream.

After the gardens we walked on a nature trail which proved to be very uninteresting. Then we headed for home. Later in the afternoon we went to Olive Garden to use up a gift card and a coupon we had. We ended up paying $2.94 plus the tip for our meal! We ate fairly cheaply and later commented that we could have eaten a whole lot of the same thing (spaghetti) at home for the price. But, then I would have had to fix it! :)

The kit used is "Slice of Summer" created as a collaboration of some of the designers at Digitals for the posting bonus give-away for the July challenges. I love the colors! Click on the page to find it in the store.

Font: Arial

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's beautiful! The flowers AND the page!