Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Saturday, August 8, 2009

VBS! A Success!

Well, I am slowly getting back to normal, health-wise and sanity-wise!
Our VBS was a success in our eyes! We averaged approx. 19 kids, I would say, for the week.
That's not bad considering this church has not held VBS in at least 35 years! Praise the Lord! We had a wonderful group of adult helpers and teachers, too! It was great!

I'm working on getting the laundry done and the house back to normal (bed clothing put away, etc) from our guests we had all week! I miss them all terribly, already! Love you girls and kids!

OK, that is it for now. I will probably work on some pages to post tomorrow to catch up for the week (the month so far!).

3 comments:

jessicaday said...

We miss you already too, Mom! Love you!

Elisabeth said...

thanks for hosting us during an already hectic week! We had a lot of fun. Love you and miss you too!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear VBS was a success! I've looked at Elisabeth's pics and it looked like fun.