Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Monday, August 24, 2009

August 24, 2009

Today was grocery day. I got there early enough that I was able to get everything pretty quickly. It probably still took me about 1 1/2 hours. I don't remember exactly. When putting the eggs away (we haven't had to buy eggs for about a year because a man from church was bringing us fresh ones until he got rid of the chickens!) I decided to take the eggs out of the carton and put them in the egg holder in the door of the refrigerator. When I opened the carton I was pleasantly surprised to see a scripture verse printed on the inside! I praised the Lord for that little message! I pray that everyone who buys eggs from Aldi will see the verse and take a moment to thank the Lord for the day, or that the Holy Spirit will speak to their heart in some way that will begin to draw them unto the Lord. And I pray God's special blessings on the Goldhen company. AMEN! and Praise the Lord!

Credits:
This mini kit is actually a commercial use sampler put together by Bannerwoman and is found in the Digitals store for free. Commercial use means that you can use the items in making your own elements by recoloring the frame, etc. Click on the layout to be taken to the store for the cu items.
Fonts: Pristina (title and scripture reference)
Quigley (journaling)

3 comments:

jessicaday said...

Why does it take you 1 1/2 hours to do grocery shopping? Do you only go once a month?

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's awesome!!!!

Vicky said...

It sure didn't seem like it took me that long. I think I must have looked at the clock wrong before I left or when I came back, one or the other. Cuz I just went to Aldi and Walmart!