Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, August 13, 2009

August 12, 2009

I mentioned yesterday that I would tell you more about the burner problem on my stove. This stove is REALLY old, so when we went to Lowe's yesterday to find another element, they didn't have one. This stove's elements screw into the ceramic fixture you see laying in the hole of the stove in the picture. Lowe's suggested an appliance store where we might be able to find one. So, Tim went to get one. The sales lady told him the element was OK. It is a rare thing when someone in retail is willing to tell you the truth about a product. So, while I am aggravated that my FAVORITE burner is on the fritz, I am thankful for an honest sales lady who truly tried to help us today! But, Tim didn't have time to tear the stove apart to find out if the switch is bad. Sigh!

Credits: Amanda Thorderson's "Song of Hope"
Font: LD Delightful

1 comment:

Elisabeth said...

the big burner on my stove has been out of commission for months!! The switch is bad....you get used to not having it after awhile!