Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Saturday, August 15, 2009

August 15, 2009

I got in the mood for something sweet last night, so I started checking the cabinets for a muffin mix or a cake mix or anything sweet! Nothing! But, I saw some little boxes of raisins and I thought about Oatmeal Raisin cookies. So I asked Tim if he liked that cookie, because for some reason I had it in my mind that he didn't. Well, I was wrong. So, I got a recipe from the AllRecipe.com site. Everything I have tried from there has turned out to be a good recipe, basically. Well, not this time! While the cookies taste good (cinnamon will make anything taste good, I might add) they baked horribly thin except for the lumps where the oats and raisins were! I really think the recipe did not call for enough flour. Well, we ate some and let the others cool so I could store them. When we tried to eat some today, you couldn't pull a single cookie from the pile! They had "melded" together into one big lump of cookie! So, we are just breaking pieces off to eat! I don't think I'll be using that recipe again! Actually, I gave the paper to Tim to use in his printer!

Anyone got a GOOD Oatmeal Raisin cookie recipe? One you have tried and know it is a good one! :)

Credits: Michelle Pieters, "Cherry Chocolate Kisses"
Fonts: CAC Pinafore for journaling and Brush 738BT for Title

No comments: