Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, August 13, 2009

August 13, 2009

Today being Tim's day off, we took a day trip, which we have not done in over a month. We traveled about 1 1/2 hours south to one of North Carolina's State Parks. I was disappointed in the trail. It was so rocky and full of tree roots that you couldn't enjoy the woods around you for having to watch every step you took! And then when we got to the top, the brush was so thick you couldn't see the "view" that was supposed to be there. I'll have more pictures later of our trip today.

Credits: Maddy Fernandez, "Bugs M'Lady Page Set"
Font: LD Delightful

1 comment:

Elisabeth said...

dad and those shoes! You both should have known better than to wear non-walking shoes! We did some hiking of our own today too!