Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Saturday, August 29, 2009

August 29, 2009

As much as I hate to admit it, I had to do some ironing today! I have a couple of shirts that I got at Walmart in the spring of 2008 that I hardly wear because they need to be touched up with the iron after washing. But, they are very comfortable, and with walking around in the sun for visitation today, I wanted something cool and comfy. So, I had to break out the iron and the ironing board! This ironing board is one I got from mom probably 20 years ago! She had found one at a yard sale that she liked and I needed one, so she gave this one to me. Actually, I think I got the better deal! If I remember correctly, I think the one she kept was wooden! That is probably why she liked it and wanted to keep it.

Credits: Sophia Davies, Vintage Pastel QP
Font: Angelina

3 comments:

betty-NZ said...

I hear ya! My stepdaughter irons her ATC (kinda like ROTC) uniform every week, but that's all that she will iron!

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh I hate ironing! Tim used to say, when Kayla was little, that she probably wouldn't ever know what one looked like!

Kimberly Pitman said...

I.Hate.Ironing. 'Nuff said.