Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

August 25, 2009

Well, the day that some kids dread and some kids have been waiting all summer long for (NOT!)....the first day of school! I remember the fun of going back to see your friends that you didn't get to see during summer vacation. I remember the fun of getting new pencils and notebooks. I remember the fun of getting new clothes and shoes. But, for the most part, I wasn't that thrilled about starting back to school. I hated the homework! But, the weird thing about that is that when I graduated, I missed the homework! Go figure! Well, my "home" work is of a totally different kind now! And, guess what? I don't like it any more than I liked the school homework! Such is life! :) I wonder if we will have homework or "home" work in heaven? If we do, I know it will be a JOY then! However, I just thought of a song:

Anna L. Coghill was only 18 years old when she wrote this song in 1854. That was 101 years before I was born! Lowell Mason set it to music in 1864.

Work for the Night is Coming

Work, for the night is coming,
Work through the morning hours;
Work while the dew is sparkling,
Work ’mid springing flowers;
Work when the day grows brighter,
Work in the glowing sun;
Work, for the night is coming,
When man’s work is done.

Work, for the night is coming,
Work through the sunny noon;
Fill brightest hours with labor,
Rest comes sure and soon.
Give every flying minute,
Something to keep in store;
Work, for the night is coming,
When man works no more.

Work, for the night is coming,
Under the sunset skies;
While their bright tints are glowing,
Work, for daylight flies.
Work till the last beam fadeth,
Fadeth to shine no more;
Work, while the night is darkening,
When man’s work is o’er.

Credits:
Designer: Maddy Fernandez
Kit: School's in Session
Fonts: Aunt Judy and Aundee BTN

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome!

Kimberly Pitman said...

Seems like I sing both of those songs regularly.

I sing "Work for the Night is Coming" when I'm singing to myself while working and I sing "The Wheels on the Bus" with the grandkids, too.

We're back to school now, too. Once all of the Bear's friends were back there was no point in delaying.