Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Friday, August 21, 2009

August 21, 2009

Today started out with a funeral. It was hot and I felt sorry for Tim being in a suit (not to mention the pantyhose I had on!). It was a graveside service only. No one knew what was going on. Nothing had been planned or scheduled. A family showed up with a couple of guitars and they played a couple of songs while 2 young girls sang. The man whose wife had died is someone that lives right down the street from us that we found earlier this year near the very beginning of our visitation program. His wife was in a nursing home. He told us all kinds of stories about her side of the family doing bad things to him. His daughter, who was on vacation when the woman died, talked to Tim and said that side of the family was a good Christian family. This man's daughter told Tim that she and her husband would be at church on Sunday. They go to a Baptist church in Tennessee where they live, I believe. Isn't it neat to see how the Lord brings different people into your lives at different times and for different reasons? This dear old man needs to be saved. Tim told him we would be in to check on him from time to time. Pray that the Lord will help us to use those opportunities to talk to him about the Lord. The daughter eventually wants to move to Maryland and take her dad with her and put him in an assisted living home. He is pretty feeble and had to be wheel chaired to the grave site.

I fixed lunch when we got home, cleaned up some e-mail and then went to the church to do the cleaning for this week since the lady who normally does it has been sick all week. When I was finished I made copies of songs for our choir notebooks. I will put all of those pages together tomorrow so they are ready for Sunday.

Credits:
Designer: Cindy Ritter
Kit: Garden Giggles
Store Links: Enchanted Studio Scraps and Divine Digital
Fonts: Alison (title) and CAC Pinafore (journaling)

No comments: