Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Friday, January 1, 2010

January 01, 2010 - Project 365.......a Shortcut!

I have been very busy today with paperwork! After my Bible reading, I started working on the computer. I created a new church members' birthday list in Excel. Then I started working on gathering information for Tim to do the taxes. I went through all of the credit card charges to find his book, office and misc. expenditures for the year and created a spreadsheet. I tallied all of the church miles using a spreadsheet. It took me a few minutes to figure out how to format the spreadsheets! I didn't think I would EVER forget how to use a spreadsheet after all the years of using excel for work! Is it an age problem? Nah! Just lack of use! :)

After I did that work, I decided to balance the check book (Quicken) and credit card statement. And, while I was at it, I started working on re-arranging my sorely neglected files! One of my goals for the year is to clean out and organize all of my "stuff!" I would like to be able to get EVERYTHING into ONE file cabinet!!! I'm going to have to be brutal with myself! One reason is that I cleaned out the birth/marriage, etc certificates file today and discovered our youngest son's birth certificate that I had looked a couple of time for! There it was, clear as day! No telling how much other "stuff" I'll find in all of these drawers/closets that I have to go through!

Some of my "new" files I worked on today!

5 comments:

jessicaday said...

I love, love, love this! I wish you would come and organize my house some more - especially the filing cabinet. :-)

Elisabeth said...

I feel sorry for you mom!! I hate stuff like this and I know you don't love it either! I'm just glad I only have one file cabinet so at least this is one area in the house that doesn't need organized!! If I could just keep up with the filing!

Jessica said...

Momma, this reminds me that I was listening to something, I think a funeral home commercial on tv, anyway it was talking about burial sites, etc. and being prepared. I know you and dad gave us a 'last wishes' or 'five wishes' paper but that was when you were in WV. Do you have updated info just in case something crazy happens and we need to know 'stuff'. I mean, Lord willing you will be around forever, but assuming you won't, I know sis and I will be broken up enough without having to search for what to do!! OK, nice thought for today! I love you!!

Elisabeth said...

Jess, I can't believe you brought that up!! Altho, I really want to make some sort of will also, just in case something happens to Brad and I.

Kimberly Pitman said...

I hate organizing papers so... I really do have a lot of it that needs to be done...someday! :)

Congratulations on getting all of it done!