Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Pictures from 1980 of the Birthday Girl, Jessica!

If you haven't read my post where I reminisced about Jessica's birth day, scroll past all of the following pictures. These pictures begin 2 days before Jessica's due date of December 27th, 1979 through sometime in December 1980. ENJOY!

I would say this picture speaks for itself!
I thought I had a black and white picture that is similar to this picture and was taken the day she was born, but I couldn't find it. This was taken when she was 2 days old, January 3rd.This is the hospital picture. I am thinking it was taken on January 3rd.This is the weather I came home to on January 6th. We could not drive up the hill, so I had to walk up the hill! YIKES! Tim carried Jessica and Tim's dad carried me, LOL! Not really, just held onto my arm for support! It was only snow when we came home earlier in the day, but we got some rain and the result was a layer of ice on top of the snow. Those are Tim's tracks you see where he walked down the driveway to get this picture. We lived near Taylorsport, KY but our mailing address was Hebron.And here is the proud, new daddy!And here is a proud grandpa! Dad worked for Emery Air Freight out of the Greater Cincinnati Airport, which was up over the hill from our house, so dad would stop by to see Jessica and me on his way home from work. I think she was about 4 weeks old here.In July, Tim, Jessica and I went with mom and dad to visit dad's brother, Bobby and his family in Park Rapids, Minnesota. Aunt Tootsie and Uncle Bobby had their 6th child, and only girl, 18 days after Jessica was born! It was fun to see Jessica and Joyce interact together as babies being the same age! I thought you would enjoy this picture, Jessica, of mom and dad and you.OK, time for some comparison shots of Jessica and me at 6 months. Here is Jessica at about 6 1/2 months (July 26, 1980) and below her picture is one of me at 6 months. Her's is a poor picture that looks like it got wet. Mine is poor quality because it is OLD! :PI would guess that this picture was taken sometime in April, 1956.And to end the year of 1980, here is one of Jessica learning to walk!

5 comments:

jessicaday said...

Love the pictures! In that last one, I don't know what's in your hair, but I know what's in your belly - my husband! :-)

Jessica said...

What a beautiful baby girl! :)

Elisabeth said...

ok, those pics of grandma and grandpa brought tears to my eyes. I miss them and wish they could see us now! I was thinking the same thing about you being preg with Mike before I read the comments!

Kimberly Pitman said...

Precious pictures! I think Tim was working at the Kroger in Indiana somewhere around that time. Not sure I knew you and the kids yet. That all came later.

Anonymous said...

You and Jessica look SO much alike!!!! Wow! And that pic of Tim holding her looks just like Michael! Those are awesome pics!