Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Friday, January 1, 2010

January 01, 2010

Happy New Year!
Here is a GREAT prayer for the New Year from Proverbs 31 Ministries
Today I begin a new daily Bible reading program. I am really looking forward to it and hope to get lots out of it! I'll talk more about it as I "try" it out! There is a lot of reading involved each day. Two portions from the NT and two portions from the OT. For instance, today's readings are:
Matthew 1:1-17, Acts 1:1-11, Psalm 1, Genesis 1-2

Today's notes on my scripture readings:
Mt. 1:17 "So all the generations from Abraham to David are fourteen generations; and from David until the carrying away into Babylon are fourteen generations; and from the carrying away into Babylon unto Christ are fourteen generations."

Generations "listed" in this portion: 14 + 14 + 14 = 42. However, I made a little chart and only came up with 40 generations as listed in this first chapter, so I want to find out about that. See if you agree with me. I made my list as follows: From vs1 - 1. Abraham > Isaac 2. Isaac > Jacob 3. Jacob > Judah and etc.

Acts 1:2 - "taken up" back into Heaven to be seated on the right hand of the Father, sending the HS as our comforter.
Acts 1:3 - His passion was fulfilling the will of His Father to die for our sins.
Acts 1:4 - the promise of the Father - I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
Acts 1:11 - "why stand ye gazing up" - DON'T JUST STAND HERE! GET BUSY IN THE WORK HE HAS CALLED YOU TO DO! - This is the command for everyone claiming the name of Christ! A perfect beginning and resolution for 2010, don't you think?

Psalm 1:1 - If we are busy working the work He has called us to do, we won't have time to walk, stand or sit with those who reject the LORD!
Psalm 1:2 - Delighting in His word will help us to "get the lead out!"

Genesis 1:28 - God gave Adam and Eve the command to be fruitful and multiply and replenish the earth and subdue it and have dominion over every living thing that moved on the earth. They had their work cut out for them. Work was not part of the curse after sin, but part of the blessing of God's creation!

My conclusion from today's readings - I (we) need to be busy about the business of the Heavenly Father! Unfortunately, because we have not been, our nation is about to go under! Let's reclaim America and return it to its proper place as a "nation under God!"

More later. Hope you have a blessed day, this first day of a new decade! Remember, Only what is done for Christ will last! Live for Him today!

1 comment:

Kimberly Pitman said...

I believe I came to the same conclusion concerning the number of generations. I think it is because the "pivot person" is listed in both lists which means there is some overlap. In other words, Person 14 is also Person 1 in the next series down the line. Kind of confusing, right?