Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

January 12, 2010

I had my big purchase already planned for the day. AC Moore had a special coupon for today only for 50% off one regular priced item. My item was going to be a 16 oz. skein of yarn to begin working on some snuggle throws for Christmas. As I walked in the door of AC Moore I saw a carrousel bin full of neck scarves of all colors and patterns! The former pastor's daughters wear scarves all the time with their outfits and I have always admired them! But, have you priced them?!! I did and decided they would just have to stay on the rack! Well, not today! These were 50% off and there was another sign that said $1.50. So, I grabbed not one, not two.....I ended up with 18!!! That was definitely not in my purchase plan!!! But, I figured I couldn't pass up the deal, especially since I can wear them and mix and match more of my skirts and tops to go with the colors in the scarves!

Next, back to the yarn. I grabbed my skein of yarn and off to the register I trotted, very pleased with myself! That's when things began to fall apart. I had cash to pay for the one skein of yarn, which to my estimation was going to be $3.70 + tax with the coupon. Wrong! The $7.39 skein of yarn was on sale for $6 so I was not allowed to use the coupon! I decided to wait til the yarn was not on sale and I could get another 50% coupon (hopefully)! I've got almost a year, right?!! Next she started ringing up the scarves. CHA-CHING! First scarf rang up at $2. I complained! The manager said, "I'm sorry, but the scarves in the top bin are $2 and the next bin are $1.50, and everyone is putting them back in the wrong bins, and the wind is blowing them when the doors open, yada yada yada!" In other words, I lost my argument! I decided $2 was still a whole lot better than what I had priced them for at other retailers, so my $3.70 + tax trip turned into a whopping $31.79! YIKES! Oh, well! I will be sure to wear these scarves with pride! My blessing for the day.....a bargain in a surprising place...scarves in a craft store!

4 comments:

Kimberly Pitman said...

I had a similar experience today while taking a "bargain hunting" trip. :)

I think the retailers saw us coming!

Elisabeth said...

I want to see pics of you modeling your scarves!!

Jessica said...

That is alot of scarves!!

Anonymous said...

Still a fantastic bargain! You go girl!