Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Thrift Stores are NOT Created Equal.....

Today's day off found us thrift store hopping again! Bargains found: 2 pair of blue jeans for Tim for a total of $1.00 at the Mega Thrift close to the house!!! Also, I found some crocheted afghans at a couple of Goodwills that will be ripped apart so I can use the yarn on at least one of them, if not both! They each cost $4! Cha-ching! I think that is all we bought!

We definitely did NOT buy anything at the Tuesday Morning "thrift" shop, if you can even call it that! In my book, $5.99 for a pack of 24 sheets of 5x7 stationery is NOT the kind of "deal" I am looking for! Someone said it correctly, "They are an upscale thrift store." Somehow the words "upscale" and "thrift" do not belong together in my way of thinking! On the other hand, a positive note is that everything in this store is new and I did see some toys that would make nice birthday/Christmas gifts for the grandkids! But, even at that, you have to be very selective because most of the prices I saw were NOT thrift store prices! So, beware and know that thrift stores are NOT created equal!

Credits:
Miss 13, Per Amore freebie
Font: typewriter

6 comments:

Jessica said...

I dont even go in thrift stores here....they are scary!!

jessicaday said...

We have Tuesday Mornings here - they aren't thrift stores. Who told you they were?

Elisabeth said...

mom, remember there was a Tuesday Morning in Teays Valley, by the Catos, for awhile. You could find good deals on some things but I agree with Jess D, it isn't a thrift store. But I would like to go to it next time we're there. =) Love you

Vicky said...

One of the ladies at church referred to it as an "upscale" thrift store. Yes, I remembered that there was one in Teays Valley that we went to. I told dad that you really had to look to find a "bargain" and that I had gotten the grandkids' Christmas gifts there one year. I believe he had gone there with me, too, but he did not remember. Yep, Liz, we can go there when you come sometime. It really is not that far away. The GPS can get us there! :)

Kimberly Pitman said...

We have a Tuesday Morning near us but I've never been in it. I always wondered what they sold but I guess I didn't wonder enough to actually go inside. :)

Anonymous said...

"Upscale" and "thrift" store seems like a contradiction in terms!