Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

January 06, 2010

WOW! I cannot believe how much STUFF I have been shredding! Catalogs GALORE! Old bank statements! Old church papers! Just STUFF that was taking up space! STUFF I carried with me from WV! STUFF that should have been thrown away a LOOOOOONG time ago! But, at least it is getting done now! My newest friend is the shredder! This is my second bag I have filled today and the shredder is full! I told Tim that eventually I'll be so organized I won't know where anything is, LOL! It will be my "luck" that I'll need something that I shredded! :) Such is life! While I was looking through all the stuff, I ran across pictures from 2002 where I had lost weight. I vowed I would never gain it back......I'm soooo disgusted with myself because I gained it all back and some! That was what I needed, however, to put me in the mindset of losing weight! So, starting tomorrow, "D" day! Off to look up foods that will help you lose weight and make you feel full! :)

5 comments:

Jessica said...

You are beautiful momma, no matter how much you weigh, and you are happy too, so I say just continue to eat like you do. I am sure you and dad don't eat super unhealthy! Also, you should see our study....it needs major organization! Wanna work on my STUFF next?!! :) Love you!

Elisabeth said...

mom, if you run across pics of the white car after I totalled it, don't shred them!! I don't think you need to diet, persay. Make a lifestyle change, get up and move more often, decrease portion sizes. I would die if I actually had to "diet" and eat only healthy foods! Love you!

jessicaday said...

How exciting - you know I love the organization kick you're on. It motivated me a little bit. The most disorganized place in our house is Kara's toys. Yesterday I got yet another plastic drawer set from Target and set up a crafts corner for her.
And you should listen to your girls, you are so beautiful no matter what size you are. If you want to be healthier, go for it. Wouldn't it be nice to be Liz and never have to diet? I'm so jealous right now......

Elisabeth said...

oh please, Jess D! I am not that much skinnier than you!

Vicky said...

Well, I appreciate all of your lovely comments about me, but I know that I am too heavy for me! I'm not going to do anything drastic, but I like the changes that everyone mentioned! We will see! Nothing started today since we went "thrifting" and ate out!