Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, January 10, 2010

January 10, 2010

Well, the diet has not started, but I am working on portion control. How is that, you ask? Well, instead of standing at the counter with the cheese ball bowl and the whole sleeve of crackers to devour as I stand there, I took 6 crackers from the sleeve and put some cheese ball on each one, put the sleeve of crackers back in the cabinet and the cheese ball back in the fridge and took my six crackers to my computer room to enjoy. Now, however, I need to work on the number of portions I repeat! Just kidding.....basically! :)

The crock pot is cooking some cocktail wienies for Tim to enjoy after church tonight while watching the football game(s). The sauce is such an easy recipe. Just a jar of chili sauce (found near the ketchup in the store) and a small jar of grape jelly. Sounds gross, but is really quite good!

Hope everyone had a blessed Lord's Day! Back to work/school tomorrow!

3 comments:

Elisabeth said...

portion control is a great way to start! Since when does dad like all that food during football games?! It's a new one to me! Love you both

Jessica said...

Those weiners are grossing me out! Cheeseball doesn't even sound good to me but rainbow sherbet sure does! :) Love you!

Vicky said...

You must be pregnant! :)