Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Monday, January 4, 2010

January 04, 2010 - How Cold is it???

It is so cold that even the horses are wearing coats! :) You wouldn't believe me if I didn't have a picture, would you?! :) Temperatures are going to dip into the teens all week. The temperature when we were out was about 25 with the sun shining brightly!

Today was errand day. We first visited the couple who came forward to join the church yesterday to find out about their church history as far as baptism goes. It was while we were on the way to their house that we saw the horses with coats on! There were probably 6 horses in this field at the corner of their road that were wearing coats! Then, as we rounded the corner, across the street were the neighbor's horses who had to bear the cold WITHOUT coats! Poor babies! Tim and I agreed that this was a first for us to see....horses with coats on! We wondered if they were race horses or what was so different about them that they were afforded the luxury of being able to wear a coat when other horses had to rough it!

Anyway, we then went to our oldest church member's house (97 yrs) who doesn't get out much anymore. We talked about ice houses and ice boxes that he experienced growing up. He is very interesting to talk to. He has shown us all of the genealogical information he has gathered over the years with the help of friends and family. I think he has finally shown us everything he has because he didn't offer anything new today. But nothing is in any kind of order so that you can tie one person to another, so I don't know how much good it would/is doing anyone.............

After we left his house, we went to a couple of office supply stores and to the post office to mail the cds from the holidays that I made copies of for the kids and my sister. And since we were out and about, I was not going to be able to have the roasting chicken done in time for us to eat at 4:30, so we decided to use the other gift card we had gotten for Christmas and eat at Chili's since we were right by them at the mall where the post office is and where one of the office products stores is. As you can see from the pictures, the weather is beautiful except for being so very bitter cold and windy! BRRRRR!!! It's days like this that I wish I lived in Florida! At least they are about 20 degrees warmer than us today!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

It was soooo cold here today too! I hated to even leave the house and that is saying something! Chili's sounds good as the only thing the cafe had today was a bacon and toast sandwich! It was good but not chilis!! Oh, and Terry said he has seen horse coats before....of course he has! He has seen everything...typical man! :) Love you today!

Anonymous said...

Never seen horses in coats except in the movies!