Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Monday, January 7, 2013

Monday, January 7, 2013

Not too much going on today.  The sun is simply beautiful and feels warm when standing in it!  But, it is cool outside!  I worked on the church sign and it was definitely nicer working on the side that has the southern exposure!  :D

I got wind, via facebook probably, of a Project Life 365 blog that gives prompts for daily photos.  So, I'm late in joining in on the party, but I'm going to give it a shot!  Let's hope it goes better than my JUNK 365 project last year, LOL!

So, today's prompt is SIMPLICITY.  I tried to think of something that would represent this word and almost gave up, until I started writing this post!  Then it hit me!  My photo for today represents SIMPLY enjoying the WARM SUNSHINE on my shoulders!  I've got the perfect song to go with it and a beautiful Youtube video!  Enjoy!

Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy
Sunshine in my eyes can make me cry
Sunshine on the water looks so lovely
Sunshine almost always makes me high

If I had a day that I could give you
I'd give to you a day just like today
If I had a song that I could sing for you
I'd sing a song to make you feel this way

Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy
Sunshine in my eyes can make me cry
Sunshine on the water looks so lovely
Sunshine almost always makes me high

If I had a tale that I could tell you
I'd tell a tale sure to make you smile
If I had a wish that I could wish for you
I'd make a wish for sunshine all the while

Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy
Sunshine in my eyes can make me cry
Sunshine on the water looks so lovely
Sunshine almost always makes me high
Sunshine almost all the time makes me high
Sunshine almost always

Words by John Denver, Music by John Denver, Dick Kniss and Mike Taylor

Here's a very nice Youtube video someone put together with photos and John Denver singing this song.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

John Denver is a fave of mine (dating myself?)! Love that song! Glad you got some sunshine. :)