Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Sunday, January 13, 2013

No Project Life 365 prompt today, so I took a photo of an art journal spread I did with inspiration from something Tim said in his sermon today.  The black represents the sin in our lives.  And right in the center of our hearts, that are desperately wicked (Jeremiah 17:9) is a bomb of sin just waiting to explode!  The only control over the sin (the explosion) is for it to be deactivated.  Jesus is the only One who can deactivate that bomb!  John 5:24 says, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life."  When we accept Jesus as our Savior, He changes our direction.  But, we still have to be on guard that we don't allow Satan to keep our sin fuse lit!  That doesn't happen when we allow God to be in control of our lives!


No comments: