Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Thursday, January 24, 2013

I've lost a couple of days with sickness.  Stomach cramps, "D" and a SEVERE headache!  I have slept most of  Tuesday and Wednesday, and even tho I took some tylenol pms, I am WIDE awake at 12:15 a.m.  And unless I am feeling MUCH better, I won't be going to the thrift stores with Tim later on today.  He plans to go see Bro. Parks in the morning.  Bro. Parks has not been feeling well lately.  He is the former pastor and has really gone down hill health-wise over the last year.  Pray for him as the Lord brings him to your remembrance.  He will turn 91 in February, I believe.

1 comment:

Betty Jo said...

My granddaughter just had that all day yesterday. Sorry you've been sick, but glad you're better now.