Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Thursday, January 17, 2013

The weather has been frightful here today!  RAIN, rain and MORE rain!  It even thundered a little bit ago!  That was weird!  And, it was blowing rain, at that!  My little dollar store umbrella bit the dust first thing this morning, too!  BUT, I now have a HUGE Totes umbrella!  It is the kind that works like a sail on a sailboat, LOL!  I know because I thought it was going to carry me away a couple of times today!  :D

We started out earlier today because we had an extra errand to run.  We left at 9 a.m. and went about 20 miles north on 52 to King to the Goodwill and then came back south to University Parkway and ate at IHOP for breakfast (THANKS again to Sharon and Calvin and Joy and Bobby!).  Then we went to the Christian Bookstore to pick up this year's VBS Sampler pack.  Then on to the Goodwill on University Parkway near downtown.  Then we headed to our usual 3 stops and got home around 1:30.  Tim ate lunch (I was still full from breakfast). 

At 3 p.m. I left to pick up Lois who had food for Sharon and Calvin for today and on the way back to her house I took her to Foodlion for some groceries.  It was about 4:30 when I got back to the house.  Then, Tim and I went to Pizza Hut for supper.  And, FINALLY, the last stop of the day.....Walmart!  The shelves were getting pretty bare because of the WINTER WEATHER advisory of 4-8" of snow over night.  (If the rain we have had just today had been snow.............well, I don't even want to think about it!)

We haul the groceries into the house and Tim goes out for the last load while I started putting things away.  And that brings me to today's Project Life 365 prompt.....THIS IS SO ME...................

The 2 gallons of milk we bought quickly turned into 1 1/2 gallons!  This gallon shown in the picture was sitting close enough to the edge of the dishwasher that when my purse fell over against it, the gallon of milk went crashing EXPLOSIVELY to the floor!  At least I was in my right mind enough to pick the jug up in such a way as to save about half of it!  Not a big deal, however!  Tomorrow I was planning to sweep and mop the floors anyway because of all the rain and mess that has been tracked in this week!  Now I can add milk to the mess!  :D

YES, this is so me in the kitchen!  Just ask the kids or Tim............if I'm not burning the green beans (or whatever I'm cooking), I'm making messes like this, LOL!

No comments: