Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Can you believe that half of January is over already??  Before you know it we will be buying Christmas gifts again!  :D

OK, I finished the art journaling page I started yesterday.  I added a tag in the bottom left hand corner with the verse written on it - Psalm 84:11 No good thing will He withhold from me if I walk uprightly!  (I made it personal!)  And, I decided it was colorful enough and that I didn't need to actually create a rainbow.....the colors will be the rainbow!  I also added a few stamps.  One says "so thankful" and the other one says "be happy" which I can't really see anywhere in this photo.

Today started out with a headache, which is really nothing new, except that I've had a headache off and on for the past 4 or 5 days because of the dreary weather, I am sure!  But, if I can happen to do some coughing or sneezing, it makes my nose run and that loosens up the sinuses.   So, while I was packing up my yarn into the plastic totes that I washed last night, and running them all downstairs, my nose started to drip.  So, by the time I finished hauling 8 totes and a file cabinet to the basement, my headache was gone!  :D

Then I ate lunch (a bowl of cereal) and checked my e-mail, etc.   Then I made some cookies for the men's meeting tonight.  Then I fixed supper for Sharon and took that to her at 3:30.  Came back home and then fixed our supper.  Cleaned up the kitchen and sat down to work on my Project Life 365 for the day, which I decided would be an art journaling page to depict today's prompt.  It's kinda confusing, but can you guess what the prompt is by looking at the page?  LOL!

I know it is kinda hard to tell what is on the right side, except that I have written "Tower of Babel" on the bottom of the tower.  I did not finish the top layer of the tower to indicate that it wasn't finished because the Lord "confused" the language of the people.  Here's what my paraphrase of Genesis 11 says under the tower:

"The whole earth spoke one language.  They settled in Shinar.  They made brick and began building a city, and a tower that would reach heaven.  They wanted to make a name for themselves and never move.  But the Lord wanted them to inhabit the whole earth, so He confused their language so they could not understand one another to build the tower.  So, in this manner the Lord scattered the people across the earth."


No comments: