Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Friday, July 31, 2009

July 31, 2009

Well, I thought I would do a bit of bragging today, LOL! I'm not one to boast very much, so it humbles me to even consider doing this, LOL!

OK, anyway! Here are some statistics for you:
Even though I have been sick most of the week, I managed to pull it off!
I got all 31 Project 365 pages done for July
I got all of the weekly summaries of my Project 365 done for July
I did 21 of the 22 challenges at Digitals. (The one I don't do is the one you have to make a purchase to do)

Now, I do earn bragging rights here, because some of the girls who are doing the Project 365 challenge are double-dipping with their layouts and counting them as challenge layouts, too! Which is fine, because they are allowed to do that! However, I have tried to keep from doing that because I want my Project to be as pure as possible, LOL!

That makes a total of 1,473 layouts posted at Digitals since my first post on October 22, 2005!
And, 89 more posts will bring my total posts/comments, etc up to 9,000!
Here is a link to my gallery if you want to check some of the layouts for the challenges out (since the ones for my Project 365 you have already seen!)
http://digitalscrapbookpages.com/galleria/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/1054

And, speaking of challenges, here's the first layout I posted waaaaay back in 2005 (using Scrapbook Deluxe, btw, Steph!) Did you ever get Photoshop Elements, btw? Or was that Alisha that I'm thinking about?

OK, another note for those of you who have been praying for my health! The "D" word has plagued me today! I have eaten a bowl of cereal all day! Because I'm afraid to eat anything for fear the "D" will turn into a "V!" Do ya know what I mean, Vern!?! So, do some more praying! I guess since I still see the humor in this, it is a plus, right?!

Anyway, here are the credits for this page:
Beth Rimmer, Gazebo
Font: Amazone BT

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been praying for your health! I hope you're better by the time you read this! Love ya!

Kimberly Pitman said...

Hi Vicky,

I'm catching up on my blog reading. I look forward to seeing what I've missed over the last few weeks.

Congratulations on posting all your layouts!

Hope you get to feeling better. There was a wicked virus going around camp last week. We've avoided it (so far) but have had terrible colds instead.

Get well soon!